GROUP SERVICE DAYS
That's why many groups plan a Service Day that you and your nonprofit partner will love. The classic "Day of Service" is great for team-building and exposes employees to new causes... and it is usually fun.
Here's what to do:
- Align your service day with your corporate social responsibilities
- Call us at 203.744.1340 or email email@example.com and we will pair you with the program that best suits your interests and skill sets. Not everyone wants to swing a hammer. Our Brush with Kindness program focuses on small repair projects like painting. ReStore tasks might include housekeeping in the store or pricing newly arrived products. The affiliate office has many special events as well as back office projects that can benefit from your help.
- Work with your Habitat contact to plan the day and event so that we share expectations.
- Establish a budget and include details like who is providing lunch and if you want T shirts.
- Promote the day with your employees. Their buy in is critical. Work with Habitat...we have done this before. We are a non profit with more than 500 volunteers each year.