GET READY TO APPLY
YES! Aside from filling out an application, there are certain documents that are always required with our applications. You can collect this documentation and keep them organized, safe, and ready.
Documentation Required to Apply for a Habitat Mortgage
- Tax returns. You will be required to submit copies of tax returns from the three most recent years. So be sure to file your taxes and save a copy, and save copies of your W-2s. You should be aware that non-documented income (such as under the table income) will be an obstacle to qualifying for a mortgage.
- Income documentation, from employment or self-employment. If you are employed, you will need to submit a series of recent pay-stubs. If you are self-employed, you should maintain financial records so that you can submit profit and loss statements, as well as 1099s or other relevant documentation.
- Regular income. Child support, social security, veteran's benefits, transitional assistance, or other. Be sure to save your most recent award letters, court order, etc. to be able to document this type of income.
- U.S. citizen or legal permanent residence papers. You will need your U.S. passport or your U.S. birth certificate, or your documentation of permanent legal residency. Keep the original and submit a copy with your application.
- Bills and bank statements. You will need to submit your most recent at the time of your application.
Repair Your Credit
In addition, you can take steps to repair your credit, if needed. We strongly encourage you to request a copy of your credit report – FREE. Do not be tricked by commercials or internet advertisements that charge for this service! Call Central Source at (877) 322-8228, or visit annualcreditreport.com.
If there are errors, you can take steps to correct them. We understand that families have debt. If you have a debt work-out plan and are keeping up with your payments, it will be favorably considered by our credit reviewers.
Repairing your debt may take time. Do it now and your application may be more attractive later.
We do not accept or reply to emailed questions about a submitted application.